Broadcast Air-Time Scheduler (BATS) for all Commercial Operations of All India Radio was officially launched on November 7, 2022 at the Prasar Bharati Secretariat by Shri Mayank Agarwal, CEO, and Shri D.P.S. Negi, Member (Finance), with the aim of streamlining and automating Prasar Bharati’s commercial operations.
Shri Mayank Agarwal, CEO of Prasar Bharati, spoke at the event and stated that “AIR adopts integrated system for better services. BATS can bring about transparency into the entire operations and make the entire commercial operations very efficient. It allows monitoring of booking, billing and payment receipts etc. at various stages and system can provide various reports which are very essential in taking many management decisions. App is also available on mobile. Software is menu driven enterprise which has been customised to the need of All India Radio making it more handy and useful.”
The most significant benefit of BATS’ complete implementation, according to Member of Finance Shri D.P.S. Negi, is that it will increase the efficiency and transparency of receivable management. This will guarantee the avoidance of revenue leaks and provide 100 percent revenue certainty for the services provided. The introduction of BATS marks a significant turning point in All India Radio’s history.
BATS has been provided by M/s. Media Nucleus and includes the following crucial components:
- To manage the scheduling and billing of advertising orders across multiple stations via one central database.
- Contracts are handled seamlessly from Release Order entry to single or multi-invoice billing.
- Increases operational efficiency and reduces cost.
- Media Sales Traffic increases the efficiency of the organization by providing traffic team a flexible solution for planning, scheduling and billing of spots.
- Ensures accurate billing by effectively managing account hierarchy, different Package and Products, Pricing plans, Content Rights Management, Automated Ad Booking along with Discounts offered on bulk deals, Charges, and Billing cycle Invoicing.
- Payment processing and collections through integrated Payment Gateway of SBI.