Telangana government has also decided to extend the eligibility for reservations in government jobs under EWS quota, by five years
Telangana: The state government of Telangana has decided to offer reservation for jobs under the economically weaker section (EWS) quota to people who belong to the unprivileged sector. Only those candidates will be eligible for jobs under this quota whose family’s gross income is less than 8 lakh or less.
The age limit for government jobs has been extended by five years by the state government of Telangana. Earlier, in February, the state government had issued orders providing 10 per cent reservation to the economically weaker section in educational institutions and in state government jobs, in line with the Centre’s provision.
The reservation for the EWS will be in addition to the prevailing 50 per cent reservation for those belonging to the scheduled caste (SC), scheduled tribe (ST), or other backward classes (OBC) categories.
Additional Provisions and Waivers by the State Government:
- Social security pensions in Telangana to increase by 6.62 lakh
- The age limit for pension has been reduced to 57
- The pension will be available to only one member of the family
- The total number of social security pensions to stand at 58 lakh.
- The cabinet has waived off farm loans up to Rs 50,000 that will bring relief to about 6 lakh farmers.