The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has started the Class 10 and 12 term 2 exams from today, 26 April. For Class 10 students, the exam began with Painting, Rai, Gurung, Sherpa, Tamang, and Thai papers while for Class 12 students, it commenced with the Entrepreneurship, and Beauty and Wellness papers.
The CBSE Class 10 and 12 papers began at 10:30 a.m. and ended at 12:30 p.m., according to the schedule. CBSE described exam preparations and the roles of functionaries in a live webinar on Monday.
Students who missed either the term 1 or term 2 exams will receive a grade based on their performance (in one of them), according to the Board. Even if a student has missed one or both of the two-term exams, they will calculate and release the results for Class 10 and 12.
In the wake of the COVID-19 concern, CBSE has made all necessary preparations to ensure that the examination runs smoothly.
Exam Guidelines for CBSE Term 2:
- Students are advised to carry their CBSE term 2 admit card to the exam venue.
- Students can enter the examination hall at 10 am. No student will be allowed to enter the hall after the stipulated time.
- Candidates are requested to carry their own hand sanitiser in transparent bottles.
- It is mandatory for all students to wear masks. Students will also have to follow social distancing norms.
- Keeping the heatwave conditions in mind, students are directed to be properly hydrated. They can carry a bottle of water along with them
- Before appearing for the exam, 15 minutes of reading time has been allotted to the students
More than 35 lakh students are appearing for the term 2 board exams this year. According to an NDTV report, Class 10 CBSE term 2 exams will be held in 7,406 centres throughout the country, while Class 12 exams will be conducted in 6,720 centres.