ArdorComm Media Group

India wins excellence in leadership in family planning awards

-By ArdorComm News Network

At the international conference on family planning held in Pattaya, Thailand, India won the Leadership in Family Planning (EXCELL) Awards-2022 in the “country category.” Mansukh Mandaviya, the minister of health and family welfare, tweeted that “India wins the prestigious EXCELL award – Leadership in Family Planning by @ICFP2022. The award is a recognition of India’s efforts under PM @NarendraModi Ji’s leadership towards ensuring access to quality family planning choices based on right information and reliable services.”

With this, India became the only nation to win the Leadership in Family Planning (EXCELL) Awards-2022 in the “country category.” In a statement issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it was stated that India had achieved outstanding progress in expanding access to modern contraceptive techniques and adopting them, allowing couples to make educated decisions about family planning. Data from the National Family Health Survey (NFHS) 5 reflect these. According to NFHS-5 data, the country’s total contraceptive prevalence rate (CPR) rose sharply from NFHS4 data’s 54% to 67%.

The percentage of unmet family planning requirements has been significantly decreased, from 13% to 9%. Additionally, the unmet requirement for spacing has decreased to fewer than 10%. The overall “demand satisfied” for family planning among Indian currently married women aged 15 to 49 rose from 66% in 2015–16 to 76% in 2019–21, exceeding the global SDG target of 75% set for 2030.

According to NFHS-5 statistics, 68% of users of modern method contraceptives get their method from the public health sector, reflecting the government’s priority on enhancing simple and inexpensive access to modern contraceptives. According to the statement, Mission Parivar Vikas, one of the government’s flagship initiatives to address unmet family planning requirements, has also played a significant role in the development.

India is making progress toward attaining the SDG targets for women’s and maternal health, as seen by its initiatives to improve family planning. “The International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) has served as a strategic inflection point for the global reproductive health community, providing a global stage for more than 120 countries worldwide, organizations, and individuals to make important commitments and celebrate achievements as the world’s largest scientific conclave on family planning and reproductive health. The event was attended by more than 3500 delegates physically and tens of thousands on the virtual platform,” the statement reads.

Source: ANI

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments