Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke at the ‘Shikshak Parv 2021’ conclave on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. During his speech, he announced the launch of key initiatives that will benefit the education sector immensely.
To honour the contribution of the teachers and various other educators during the pandemic, the PM announced the celebration of the Shikshak Parv on September 5. The Teacher’s Day celebration will continue till September 17, 2021. The main aim is to recognize the efforts of the educators and to take the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 a step ahead.
The PM will continue to address the educators throughout India as well as various education stakeholders during the celebration. Apart from that, five new initiatives will be unfurled on the occasion.
The five key initiatives are as follows:
- Indian Sign Language dictionary of 10,000 words.
- Talking Books (audiobooks for the visually impaired).
- School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Framework (SQAAF) of CBSE.
- NISTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat.
- Vidyanjali Portal for facilitating education volunteers, donors and CSR contributors for school development.
During the speech, the Prime Minister said, “हमारे शिक्षक अपने काम को केवल एक पेशा नहीं मानते, उनके लिए पढ़ाना एक मानवीय संवेदना है, एक पवित्र नैतिक कर्तव्य है। इसीलिए, हमारे यहाँ शिक्षक और बच्चों के बीच professional रिश्ता नहीं होता, बल्कि एक पारिवारिक रिश्ता होता है। और ये रिश्ता, ये संबंध पूरे जीवन का होता है”
Source: ANI, Hindustan Times